The Open Knowledge Hub is run by the Institute of Development Studies (IDS) and is an output of the Global Open Knowledge Hub (GOKH) project, an IDS programme funded by DFID from April 2013 to March 2016.
To guide the strategic development and implementation of the programme, it is supported by an International Advisory Group (IAG). The IAG provides a bridge to link the programme management with strategic partners and the global intermediary sector.
Role and Purpose of the Advisory Group
- The IAG meets annually and helps to deliver this ambitious programme.
- Its purpose is to: Offer strategic advice and guidance for implementing the GOKH project.
- Challenge thinking in relation to the strategic potential for development of GOKH services, prompting us to push boundaries, remain relevant, dynamic and innovative.
- Advise on strategic partnerships that can enable us to build the open data hub both with global partners and partners in the South, who share our values and open access agenda.
- Advise on strategies and opportunities for expanding the funding and resource base of the open data hub, and business models for its long term sustainability.
- Assist in the identification, monitoring and addressing of risks related to the GOKH project.
- Advise on the development of a longer term consortium based governance structure for the hub, that enables partners to participate in the overall strategic direction.
- Provide technical advice where possible, assisting in the assessment of our technical choices and planning.
- Provide ‘horizon-scanning’ insights, from different perspectives.